Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's Okay Girlfriends

Okay so here is where ALL the honesty comes out.  I have been blessed by a wonderful husband, beautiful children, a fun and supportive family of parents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, niece, nephews, grandparents and in-laws and last but NOT least my chosen family of girlfriends.  I think every mother needs her girlfriends for support, for friendship and for laughter.

I have great friends who are mothers and who I can share with, laugh with and realize that we are all doing our best and that is okay!

So raise your hand, Who has fed their kids cold cereal for supper because you didn't feel like making a meal? It's Okay!

Who has made their child wear a pre-worn shirt or pair of pants or possibly dirty socks to school because they had gotten behind on the laundry?  It's Okay!

Who has had to get up in the middle of the night to remove a kids sheets because they peed the bed and was so tired that you either, just laid a blanket on the bed for them to sleep on, made them sleep on the couch or made them sleep on the floor because you didn't want to put clean sheets on their bed at that hour?  It's Okay!

Who has let their child go to bed at night without taking a bath after a hot sticky summer day and just figured you'd bath them and change their bedding the next day?  It's Okay!

Who has bribed a child with candy, money or a toy so that they'd do what you wanted?  It's Okay!

Who has let their kid eat food that's fallen on the ground?  Okay, I'll eat food that's fallen on the ground.  Once I even ate a Casey's doughnut that I dropped in the parking lot.  Yes I did and it was delicious!

Who has let their child do something even though you told them no but you were sick of listening to them whine?  It's Okay, as long as it doesn't happen often.

Who has ignored their child because you were watching a really good show? It's Okay, if it doesn't happen often.  If it does maybe you should tape your show and watch it after your kids are in bed.

Who has had the false impression that they could actually get a lot done with their kids at home and ended up screaming in frustration because you didn't get your To Do List accomplished?  It's Okay!

Who has told their child that when it rains it's God crying because of something they did?  Okay so that is one I just made up...It came from Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy.

Talking to other mothers and friends about the joys and stresses of motherhood is good for the mind, body and soul.  You are all in this together and if you can make each other laugh then I promise you'll get through the journey of motherhood together.  The journey will last your whole life, once you're a mom there is no going back.  So you may as well enjoy the ride.

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! Last Sunday night I cheerfully offered bowls of cereal to my husband and daughter. My daughter informed me that it wasn't "right" to have cereal for breakfast. By 9pm husband was up making himself toast-jam-cheese because he was famished. (I think that's a terrible combo but his family tradition.) Now that I'm a stay at home mom, I made up for it by preparing a turkey feast on Monday. Took me all day, I was worn out, but somehow I felt like I had made up for my lack of providing. Guess I should have read your post earlier. Haha!

    ReplyDelete