Thursday, February 16, 2012

My kid is a genius and other ramblings!

My four-year-old is a genius.  He want's to be a cop and a NFL football player when he grows up.  He also wants to learn to speak Mexican and he's pretty sure 18 o'clock is a real time.  He also hopes to get married and have six kids, and he's going to name one of them after his brother and another one after his friend down the street.

Children are so ambitious and they love to be busy, however, at times they are lazy about looking for things to do.  I don't like it when they say, "I'm bored."  In fact, my kids don't say that anymore because they've learned that if they do I'm going to put them to work.  I love it when the older kids help do chores which they do often and Boone loves to help.  Unfortunately sometimes his helping just creates a bigger mess like the time he decided to eat shredded cheese under the kitchen table then got the broom out to clean up his mess.  He pretty much just pushed the cheese all over the floor.

The cheese thing reminded me that my four-year-old likes weird snacks too.  He loves to snack on shredded cheese, chocolate chips, Saltines, olives, marshmallows and pepperonis.  I think it's because these items seem easily accesible to him.

This morning, for the second time this week, he decided to play with his S.W.A.T vehicles on the bathroom floor.  My master bathroom isn't that big and I got out of the shower and stepped on his hand and one of his vehicles.  We have an entire house he could play in but he chooses to play on the bathroom floor!  I suppose I should go grab him some lunch.  He just informed me that he'd like lunch, then a popsicle and then he'll lay down for a nap.  A nap?  Yeah, right, we'll see if that really happens!

"The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives."  Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment