Thursday, February 23, 2012

What do YOU want?

Have you ever stopped and asked yourself, what do I want? I find most moms are busy worrying about making sure their kids are fed, clothed and happy. And then there are doctors appointments, extra ciricular activities and school work.  It seems that someone always needs something....like right this minute Boone wants to play war (card game), Montana wants me to take a picture of her birthday gifts, now Boone wants a snack and Cody wants me to give him the password to his ipod so he can get a FREE app.  UGH....In your family it might be Sally needs new shoes, Billy's got a school project and Maggie has to take snack to school.  Anyway I think you catch my drift.  Most of us are so exhausted at the end of the day we want to sit in total silence for just a few minutes.  If you are lucky enough to have total silence, take a moment to think about what YOU want.

I want to spend my time coloring pages with words, but perhaps you want to sell baked goods out of your home, or knit scarves, or go back to college to become a lawyer.  Whatever it is you want, you should put it on paper.  Brainstorm ideas, map out a plan and put that plan into action.  I recently read a blog post my cousin forwarded me from Gypsy mom and it inspired me to write even more.  Writing is what I love, and I realized that you never know how doing what you love could affect others.  By doing what you love you could inspire someone, who inspires someone, who inspires someone and before you know it great things are happening and you would never know, they may have started with you.

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
Harriet Tubman

No comments:

Post a Comment